UFS Department of Public Administration and Management
UFS Department of Public Administration and Management – check below:
The Department of Public Administration and Management (since 1952) offers a comprehensive range of services in public management, comprising education, training, and development; research projects; and extensive community services.
Our education programmes combine theoretical knowledge with its practical application. The programmes are intended to provide an academic grounding in public management; to develop analytical capacity; and to encourage strategic thinking.
The department consists of experts who focus exclusively on the way in which public institutions are managed and administered. Attention is also given to the management of public budgets. The department can serve all levels of the public sector and support is especially directed at the practical functioning of such institutions.
READ ALSO: University of the Free State UFS Online Application
The department is bound to an open-system management teaching and development plan that:
- is based on nationally and internationally established and accepted theories on Public Management as a unique science;
- is aimed at dealing with the current and future challenges of a dynamic South Africa; and
- is accessible to the community as a whole.
A department of excellence in teaching and learning, research and community engagement in the field of Public Administration and Management.
A quality-driven department that produces sought-after graduates through a responsive teaching and learning approach, solutions to the field through applied and innovative research, scholarship and tangible contributions to society through active community and occupational engagement.
- To offer teaching and learning via updated and responsive curricula in the field of Public Administration and Management;
- To introduce fair and accurate assessment mechanisms that reflect student performance accurately;
- To foster a culture of innovative, applied, and sustainable research;
- To promote collaboration with stakeholders and establish strategic partnerships;
- To develop and sustain an entrepreneurial component that supports the notion of continuous professional development;
- To contribute to the broader faculty and institutional ethos; and
- To develop a unique departmental brand that is acknowledged nationally and internationally and is aligned with the university’s brand.
RESIDENCES AND ACCOMMODATION