University of the Free State UFS Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
UFS Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology – Check below:
Who is the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology?
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology provides quality health care to women throughout Central South Africa. We place a high premium on improving Maternal and Child morbidity and mortality, so we emphasize our role in supporting all Obs & Gynae facilities in our region. Our services include;
preventative as well as curative medicine.
Gynaecological oncology, Human reproduction, Gynaecological endocrinology, Family planning, Maternal & Fetal care and Uro- gynaecology form the backbone of our clinical and academic programme.
Our department is furthermore responsible for:
- Training of undergraduate and post graduate students in our field.
- Tertiary level Obstetrical & Gynaecological service in Universitas Hospital.
- Secondary level Obstetrical & Gynaecological service in Pelonomi Hospital.
- Support to all primary care facilities that provide Obstetrical & Gynaecological service, throughout our region.
- Research on relevant issues within our field of practice and expertise.
Vision and Mission:
Our vision is a department enjoying international recognition in the fields of training and research, together with excellence in service rendering to the community we serve. UFS Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Mission – for reaching our vision, we follow the following approach:
- Stimulation of independent learning amongst our students.
- Comprehensive and balanced training.
- Detailed quality control of both training and service rendering.
- Development of recognized sub-specialities.
- Expansion of national and international contacts.
- Development of human potential at all levels.
- Healthy and acknowledged management principles.
RESIDENCES AND ACCOMMODATION