University of the Witwatersrand Postgraduate Registration 2023 – 2024
University of the Witwatersrand Postgraduate Registration 2023 – See Details Below:
The University of the Witwatersrand Postgraduate Registration
Postgraduate Students (new and returning)
The following information outlines the process for registration – please read it carefully.
1. Student Self-Service Portal
- Students will need to access the self-service portal at various stages of their registration. Your log in details are as follows:
Student ID = Person Number
Password = date of birth in YYMMDD format.
2. Arrangements for your fees and/or funding
- Information on fees, terms and conditions, and funding:
- Please visit the Fees and Funding website for information on the fee estimator, fees, various funding options, scholarships and bursaries.
- The Fees Office and Financial Aid and Scholarships Office are also available to answer queries prior to and during registration.
- Fees office, Tel: 011 717 1531 or 011 717 1888
- Financial Aid and Scholarships Office: Tel: 011 717 1081
- Offices are located on the ground floor of Solomon Mahlangu (Senate) House, Braamfontein East Campus
University of the Witwatersrand Postgraduate Registration
- First Payment:
- All self-funded students are required to make a first fee payment towards fees BEFORE registration. This is a standard amount of R9340 that is applicable to all students. Students will not be able to register if this amount is not paid. If paying by EFT, please pay 4 days prior to registration in order for the payment to clear.
- If you cannot make this payment, you will be required to apply for a postponement. All fees for the year will then be due by the end of March. Students can apply for the postponement on the Online Registration accessible on the student self-service portal.
- You can only apply for a postponement if you have been offered, and have accepted, a place in a program.
- The first fee payment is not applicable if you:
- have been made a provisional offer for NSFAS funding for 2023 ;
- have been given a full Wits University Scholarship;
- fall within the funding threshold – i.e. your family earnings are below R350 000 per annum. If you fall into this category, you will be required to request a postponement of the first fee payment via the self-service portal;
- You can present proof to the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office that you have been awarded an external bursary of scholarship.
- Outstanding fees:
- Students owing R10 000 or less from prior years will be able to roll over the debt and register for the new academic year.
- Students with more than R10 000 debt from prior years will need to consult with the Fees Office prior to registering.
- Students who have secured NSFAS funding will have any outstanding amounts paid by the fund and are not therefore required to make payment
3. Registration / Enrolment
- Registration is the process by which you formally enroll at the University.
- Each faculty has specific dates and deadlines for registration. You must complete your registration within these times as failure to register by these times may result in the withdrawal of the offer of a place. The University cannot guarantee a position for students who do not register on time. Please see below for the faculty dates of registration, and remember to bring your ID document with you.
- Most students are able and encouraged to register online. Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to register online. You will be asked for the following information during online registration:
- Confirmation of Personal Details
- Medical Aid details where applicable
- If you wish to be considered for a funding opportunity, an indication of your annual household income
- If your curriculum is flexible, the courses you wish to register for.
- From 2023 , students will be requested to include their Medical Aid details where applicable, as well as to indicate their family income for potential funding purposes, as part of the online registration process.
- Some students, depending on their program and curriculum-counseling requirements, may need to register on campus on a specific day. Please see below for the faculty dates of registration and more information on the process of registration.
- Once enrolled, you will be able to view and print proof of registration as well as your timetable.
4. After you have registered online
- Once you have completed the online registration process, you will be required to come to campus to collect your student access card and parking permit (if applicable).
- Collect or renew your “Kudu” card from any Kudu Card Office.
- You are required to provide proof of identification, such as your ID document, valid passport or driver’s license.
FEES STRUCTURE, BURSARIES, AND SCHOLARSHIPS
9.Buffalo City TVET College Banking Details
CONTACTS, LOCATION, AND CAMPUSES
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATIONS
20.Buffalo City TVET College Entry Requirements
23.Buffalo City TVET College Tender
9. University of Pretoria Courses Offered
FEES STRUCTURE, BURSARIES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATIONS
CONTACTS, LOCATION AND CAMPUSES