University of Johannesburg Funding and Sponsorships
University of Johannesburg Funding and Sponsorships – See Details Below:
To be considered for a bursary administered and awarded by the University of Johannesburg (UJ), applicants complete only one UJ bursary application form.
If you are applying for more than one bursary which are administered and awarded by the University of Johannesburg (i.e. only bursaries with UJ addresses), you may – on a separate page – list the bursaries in alphabetical order for which you would like to be considered and send this list to the University together with one bursary application form. Only one third-party bursary can be awarded per candidate.
Applications must reach the Bursary Office on the respective campuses by no later than 15 November annually of the preceding year. Late applications will not be considered.
Applicants may cancel their applications without any obligation to the University. Doubts regarding prospective studies should therefore not prevent candidates from submitting their applications on time.
These bursaries will be considered only after the June examinations and the results will be announced soon thereafter.
Applications from postgraduate students are considered as soon as the examination results of the previous degree course are known, after which candidates are informed of the outcome thereof. Applications from applicants applying for a bursary for the second or third year of study in a postgraduate degree course (for which examination results are therefore not applicable) are judged on the results of the progress reports from promoters, supervisors and heads of departments with regard to their interim progress.
- NRF Free-standing Scholarships and Fellowships
- DSF Innovation Scholarships and Fellowships
- Scarce Skills Development Fund Scholarships and Fellowships
- DAAD/NRF Joint In-country Scholarship
- SANHARP Scholarships
- Renewable and Sustainable Energy Scholarship
- NSTF/THRIP Bursaries
- Extended support for completing Master’s and Doctoral students
- Support for completing part-time Doctoral students
- Research Career Advancement Fellowships
- Collaborative Postgraduate Training Programme
- MRC-NRF Health and Allied Scholarships
- NRF Grantholder-linked bursaries
- NRF Honours/BTech and Master’s Block Grants
FEES STRUCTURE, BURSARIES, AND SCHOLARSHIPS
CONTACTS, LOCATION, AND CAMPUSES
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATIONS