University of the Free State UFS Department of Forensic Medicine
University of the Free State Department of Forensic Medicine – Check below:
Who is the Department of Forensic Medicine?
The responsibilities of the University of the Free State (UFS) Department of Forensic Medicine include:
- The performance of all medico legal autopsies in the central and southern regions of the Free State Province.
- We provide a referral forensic service for the Free State, Eastern Cape and Northern Cape, as well as Lesotho.
- Act as forensic consultants to the Department of Justice, the South African Police Services and the Departments of Health of the Free State, Eastern Cape and Northern Cape Provinces.
- Provide expert testimony in court and act as assessors.
- Provide forensic training for undergraduate and post graduate medical, nursing and law students at the University of the Free State.
- Participate in the provision of a clinical forensic service in the Bloemfontein area.
We train students in MMed: Specialisation in Forensic Medicine
RESIDENCES AND ACCOMMODATION