University of Mpumalanga UMP School of Foundation Phase Teaching Admission Requirements
UMP School of Foundation Phase Teaching Requirements – See Details Below:
- To be able to gain access to the Bachelor of Education in Foundation Phase Teaching programme, applicants are required to have the appropriate combination of recognised National Senior Certificate (NSC) subjects, as well as certain levels of achievement in these subjects. The minimum entry requirements for studies as legislated by the government do not guarantee a prospective student admission to this programme.
- Preliminary admission is based on the results obtained in the final Grade 11 examination. Final admission is based on the final Grade 12 results.
- A valid National Senior Certificate with admission for degree purposes
- The subjects to be used in the calculation of the APS are the prescribed seven subjects.
- The APS achievement rating of Life Orientation is divided by 2 in the calculation of the APS.
- If an applicant included more than the minimum of three electives in his/her NSC the four compulsories and the three best of the electives are used.
- Minimum APS scores of 26 with Mathematics or 27 with Mathematical
The following minimum subjects and level requirements apply:
|Programme||Group A||Group B|
|Languages||OR||Life Orientation||Subject 1||Subject 2||Subject 3|
BEd in Foundation Phase Teaching
|Language of teaching and learning||Other recognised language||Mathematics||Mathematics Literacy|
Points are awarded according to the scale below:
Teachers, who are in a possession of a recognised certificate in education or another relevant field, may also represent their qualifications for entry into a BEd with the possibility of transfer of credits, for cognate previous studies. Assessment of prior learning could also lead to entry or an advanced credit standing.
FEES STRUCTURE, BURSARIES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
CONTACTS, LOCATION, AND CAMPUSES
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATIONS