University of the Free State UFS School for Allied Health Professions Undergraduate Application
UFS Allied Health Professions Undergraduate Application – Apply Now:
- The selection process of the various schools in the Faculty of Health Sciences will take place as below.
- For admission requirements and full details of the selection procedure and dates, please download our faculty booklet.
- Only a limited number of candidates are admitted to the first year of study.
- No late applications will be considered.
- All applications for admission to B Occupational Therapy, BSc (Dietetics), BSc (Physiotherapy), B Biokinetics and B Optometry are subject to selection.
- The closing date for submission of applications for selection is end of May.
- All school-leaving applicants for the above fields of study must write the NBT (National Benchmark Tests). Results of this test will serve as additional guide for selection.
- More information about this test may be obtained from Miss L Masisi, Benito Khotseng Building, Room B3T: +27 51 401 2448
- Students who intend to follow a degree in B Occupational Therapy must provide proof of having visited an occupational therapy practice.
READ ALSO: University of the Free State UFS Online Application Closing Date
Method of selection
- A holistic approach is followed in the selection process, based on a points system including academic achievement, cultural activities, and sport.
- For detailed information, please view the current selection policy for the School for AHP: Selection policy Occupational Therapy / Physiotherapy or Selection policy Dietetics / Optometry / Biokinetics
- Final selection will only take place in January, after the final Grade 12 results are obtained.
Application for Admission
- Online OR hard-copy applications for admission to the university, together with the required forms (medical report and health questionnaire) must all reach the university.
- Completed hard-copy applications for admission and enquiries regarding programmes must be addressed to:
University of the Free State
George du Toit Building Room 145
205 Nelson Mandela Drive
T: +27 51 401 9296
or +27 51 401 3000
The general regulations of the university, revised where necessary, are applicable to this faculty. Refer to the university’s policy documents. It is the sole responsibility of the student to familiarise him/herself with the general/faculty regulations. A number of regulations apply to the various degrees and options. UFS Allied Health Professions Undergraduate Application
Three sets of regulations are applicable:
A. General Regulations of the University
These are applicable to all faculties and consequently also to the qualifications and programmes of this school. Unless otherwise specified, the general regulation regarding Baccalaureus degrees applies to the degrees set forth below.
The general regulations are available in Part I of the University Rule Book, available at the UFS SASOL Library, and deal with important issues such as the following:
- Admission to the university, degree and diploma studies, and occasional study (separate courses).
- Registration as a student, course adjustments, simultaneous registration, course compilation, duration of study, prerequisites, acknowledgement of courses passed at another institution.
- Degrees with honours, re-admission and preventing students from continuing, re-assessment, special assessment, examination hall rules, misreading of examination timetable, results and mark sheets.
The assessment and other regulations applicable to you are summarised in the regulations below.
B. Faculty Regulations
These are specifically applicable to degrees and programmes offered in the different schools.
C. Regulations regarding the profession
RESIDENCES AND ACCOMMODATION